About Michelle Gregovic
From a young age, I was passionate about both music and theater, and achieved substantial success there during high school. Upon graduation, I proudly followed a family tradition to Texas A&M University, where I decided to pursue a career in business and communication. During my senior year of college, a significant health challenge turned my life upside down and forced me to reexamine my personal choices. I had always been competitive and hard working, but suddenly realized that striving and thriving were not the same thing. I misunderstood the meaning of mental toughness, and it turned out that I was the biggest obstacle standing in my way of achieving my personal goals. As unexpected events often do, this health challenge would change my worldview by taking me in a new direction.
A couple of years later, seeking greater balance in my life, I wandered into my first yoga class. I had no idea what yoga was and found it uncomfortable to face the reality of my own negative thoughts and mismanaged emotions. Sitting still to meditate seemed impossible, but I stuck with it and began to practice yoga and meditation daily. I have been a certified yoga instructor since 1994, an iRest© meditation practitioner, and a holistic health consultant. My own injuries along with those of my clients fueled a passion to understand the body, and I continued my education in breath, movement integrity and fascial release. In my practice, I have helped people of all ages, backgrounds and interests achieve their goals through maximizing the connection between mind and body. I have had the privilege of working with athletes and teams, business executives, school groups, active adults, and I have led workshops and retreats locally and abroad.
I believe the greatest success is built on identifying and elevating the unique strengths of each individual rather than focusing on fixing problems. I employ a holistic approach, meaning our focus is on an inside-out approach that aligns goals with personal values. Through this process, clients gain greater self-awareness and self-acceptance and learn how to create a healthy athlete identity.
As a certified mental performance consultant, I leverage my unique experience and background to help athletes respond to performance pressures with greater mental and emotional flexibility. I strive for a client-centered relationship and employ proven strategies like cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, mindfulness and positive psychology to meet each client where she is. My personal challenges with mental wellness, including negative body image, disordered eating and emotional difficulties have cultivated a more empathetic understanding of these internal struggles. It is my goal to help clients cultivate a quiet mind and learn to reset attention on the present moment.
“Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.”~Pema Chödrön
- Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC)
- B.A. in Speech Communication from Texas A&M University, 1989
- M.A. in Applied Sport & Performance Psychology from University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX, 2022
- Certified Yoga Teacher, 1994, E-RYT500 hours
- Member of Yoga Alliance and Yoga Alliance continuing education provider
- Advanced International Yoga Studies, IYS500, 2013
- Certified Holistic Health Consultant, 2009
- iRest © Yoga Nidra Meditation L1, 2019
- Member of Association of Applied Sport Psychology
- 25+ years of experience in presenting classes, workshops and retreats throughout Houston and internationally
- Extensive experience working one-on-one to enhance mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Varied experience with students, active adults, collegiate athletes and professionals to improve performance, manage stress, achieve personal goals, and overcome injury-related setbacks.
“Thanks for everything you have done for (Susie) and us! It has been great watching her smile and share with you. She seems to be much “lighter” than she has been previously this year.”— A.H., mother of gymnast